Our new generation photogrammetric platform, PHOTOMOD 7.0, is now available
More news on this topic
Date: 1 december 2020
Type of publication: news
We at the Racurs Company are delighted to present the latest version of our PHOTOMOD software: the new-and-improved PHOTOMOD 7.0, with even better performance and advanced functionality. PHOTOMOD 7.0 is built upon our new approach to photogrammetric processing of remote sensing data. This approach will be continuously perfected to transform the PHOTOMOD software product line into a photogrammetric platform that consists of several software components (joined together by general algorithms, ideology, and data organisation), and can function on numerous computing facilities.
This platform allows its users to flexibly configure and upscale PHOTOMOD technology to optimise their workflow when working collectively on production projects that stretch across a number of computing (including cloud-based) environments. This new approach has already been proven to boost efficiency across Racurs’ existing photogrammetric solutions throughout the pandemic as many have transitioned to remote work.
We have made a number of great new functional improvements to create PHOTOMOD 7.0. To name just a few, we have introduced:
● A new algorithm that uses object-oriented correlators to measure tie points and thus significantly improve fully automated data processing quality (especially for UAV imaging);
● New-and-improved UAV data processing interfaces;
● A multithread adjustment mode to help speed up processes;
● New, effective algorithms for computing point clouds and automatic texture mapping to improve 3D model quality;
● New methods for DEM filtering to boost automation and orthoimage quality;
● And improved GPU parallel processing modes for a number of actions.
We have also enhanced other parts of the PHOTOMOD 7.0 photogrammetric platform, all of which are focused on productive computing environments and remote processing:
● PHOTOMOD Conveyor is now even more effective in parallel processing with the help of extremely powerful computing clusters;
● We are nearing completion on the testing stages for PHOTOMOD Cloud and the PHOTOMOD StereoServer/StereoClient applications for remote stereovectorisation.
The technological solutions for the new PHOTOMOD 7.0 platform have been tried and tested for many months at the Racurs production unit and those of its partners. Throughout testing, the solutions demonstrated that they could support any number of complex photogrammetric projects efficiently and effectively.
- Download the new version by the link.
- Upgraded PHOTOMOD 7.0 documentation set.
- Control your PHOTOMOD license structure and period of technical support validity with the Personal account service.