The latest version: 1.2.7×64
PHOTOMOD Radar – software for spaceborne SAR data processing.
The latest version: 1.2.7×64
- Full-scale processing of Earth remote sensing data acquired by spaceborne radars with synthesized antenna aperture
- Flexible modular architecture: you only buy what you need
- Wide range of supported SAR sensors
- Ease of use: you are guided step-by-step through all stages of project processing
- module for data visualization (viewer);
- module for data export/import;
- geocoding processor;
- interferometric processor;
- stereo processor;
- image processing tools;
- quality estimation software tools;
- oil slicks detection processor;
- ship detection processor;
- sea waves analysis software tool;
- polarimetric processor;
- software tool of coherent change detection;
- software tool of coherent co-registration of SAR images.
Geocoding ProcessorGeocoding Processor is intended for precision geometric correction of SAR images use by an accurate SAR sensor model based on the satellite position, survey features, and image formation parameters.
Sophisticated algorithms are used for detailed positioning of each pixel on output image. The standard processing procedures are supported: georeferening, geocoding, and orthorectification.
The inputs of Geocoding Processor are the spaceborne radar imagery presented in single look complex CEOS format for the georeferencing procedure and georeferenced CEOS format for the geocoding/orthorectification once.
Stereo ProcessorStereo Processor is an integrated software package specially intended for generation of the ground relief digital elevation models (DEM) via processing of the pairs of images acquired by spaceborne SAR's.
Stereo processor provides for users an extraction of terrain height information from stereo pairs of SAR satellite imagery. It allows to generate an accurate digital elevation models (DEMs) of imaged ground surface.
Interferometric ProcessorInSAR/DInSAR processor has been developed as tool for DEM generation and surface shift estimation using of phase information extracted from complex spaceborne SAR data.
The output DEM or surface shift map are referenced to WGS84 ellipsoid and allocated in geographic projection.
Polarimetric ProcessorPolarimetric processor realizes the technique of joint processing of images acquired with different signal polarization. In common case it allows to classify the resolution cells on images upon their physical properties.
Input data for polarimetric processor are the radar images presented in complex format, path coordinate system, in slant range projection.
Processor has deal both with full polarimetric matrix (four combination of polarizations for transmited and received signals) on input and with incomplete polarimetric matrix (two combination).
Software Tool of Coherent Change DetectionSoftware tool of coherent change detection intended for acquiring of data on ground surface backscattering properties variation on time interval between two acquisition made under interferometric conditions.
Realized in software approach to change detection is based on analysis of differential phase or so called coherency information derived by processing of interferometric pair of images. It's well known that the phase properties of backscattered signal depend of ground surface roughness on scale of radar wavelength that cover the range from 3 up to 30 cm. This means that the millimeter's scale changes could be extracted via
Software Tool of Coherent Co-Registration of SAR ImagesThe software tool of coherent co-registration of SAR images has main task to provide the possibility for user to generate the set of images matched mutually with subpixel accuracy. The matching is performed on base of pixel’s phase values analysis. It means that the input images for processing should have complex format and be acquired under conditions of interferometric imagery.
Oil Slicks Detection ProcessorOil slicks detection processor is intended for oil slicks detection against a background of homogeneous sea surface.
Ship Detection ProcessorShip detection processor is designated for processing of spaceborne radar images acquired over sea and ocean surface in part of ships finding and evaluation of their most valuable parameters, the like of speed of ships, their sizes, and cartographical coordinates.
Sea Waves Analysis Software Tool
Sea waves analysis software tool is intend for automatic generation of estimates of spatial period, direction of propagation and height of large energy carrying waves over radar images of sea surface.
Quality Estimation Software ToolsSoftware tools of image quality estimation allow to analysing the number of radar image properties under some of standard parameters inherent specifically to this type of sensor.
Image Enhancement ToolsThe radar data processing software package includes the following tools intended for image enhancement: speckle-noise filters and edge detection (detection of local brightness variables) ones.
Feature Extraction ToolsSoftware tools intended for extraction specific information from the radar images. It allows user to detect difference texture characteristics of scene and to form number of surface classes over one or several input images under selected criteria.
Currently Import / Export tool supports import of following data types:
- binary data;
- graphical formats: TIFF, Geo TIFF, JPEG, BMP;
- international SAR data format CEOS;
- special format for ENVISAT SAR data;
- special format for Almaz-1 SAR data;
- digital terrain data formats: GTOPO30, USGS DEM.
Data can be exported from internal format to following formats:
- raw binary;
- graphical formats: TIFF, Geo TIFF, JPEG, BMP;
- digital terrain data format USGS DEM.
Generally recommended configuration for comfortable work:
- Intel Core i7 processor or similar, CPU clock 3.0 GHz;
- 16 GB RAM at least;
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 x64.
- On-line help. There are contextual pages with manuals: information about interfaces, input data and so on.
- User's Guide. There are PDF files and (or) printed documentation with information about interfaces, input data and so on.
- Field Guide. There are PDF files with processing theory, comparative analysis, results of tests and other useful additional information.
- Tour Guide. There are PDF files with examples: execution order of data handling, test data
PHOTOMOD Radar Viewer is intended for viewing the Earth surface images, acquired by space synthetic aperture radar sensors ERS-1/2, Radarsat, "Almaz-1", SIR-C/X, as well as the raster images in formats USGS, GTOPO30, GeoTIFF, Tiff and BMP.
PHOTOMOD Radar Viewer supports the following functions:
Load images in two modes:
- with creating an additional file with hierarchic (pyramid) structure (it would take some time for file opening but further work with image will be more fast);
- without creating an additional file (file of any size is opened immediately, but while raster moving there is some data pumping from disk from time to time, and during scale change there is also some raster re-calculation, that could slow down the work significantly, especially with voluminous files);
Image scrolling mode using keyboard and mouse;
Cursor positioning in the window using mouse and keyboard with indicating cursor coordinates and image pixels brightness;
Image zoom, set image to scale 1:1, "fit to window" scale;
Local image zoom-in using "digital magnifier";
Selection of image fragment of predefined configuration and opening it in new window or saving to file;
Compiling and visualization of selected fragments list;
Image rotation on defined angle (mirror horizontal and vertical rotation, rotation at 90, 180, 270 degrees or arbitrary angle) and change image scale along two axes;
System of hierarchical menus, dialogues, context help;
Brightness vertical and horizontal profiles creating;
Measuring distances between image points;
Brightness settings management, for example:
- creating, visualization and correction of image histogram;
- histogram type selection: equalized, logarithm, exponential;
- image brightness and contrast adjustment;
- selecting of histogram rejection modes at image loading;
- image palette change by selecting palette from list or creating new one by user;
Overlaying raster image by geographic grid with scale setup by operator if the image header contains cartographic data;
Images printing with options of selection printed image area and its scale, as well as choosing printer and its settings;
Images opened in different windows could be tied using their file or geographic coordinates. Cursor in tied windows moves simultaneously. Images could be in different projections and coordinates will be re-calculated automatically "on the fly" using build-in "cartographic calculator";
Simultaneous loading and viewing of two images in vertical and horizontal locations, or as smoothly appearing layers one from under another;
Stereopairs preview in anaglyph mode, when one of the images is shown in red color range, and other - in green, and operator uses glasses with red and green filters;
Overlaying of raster image and vector image in Shape format. Shape format support provides visualization of the entire graphic and text information included to file, in modes similar to those developed in standard ESRI products.
Separate viewing of amplitude and phase of complex data.